A Field Office of the New Jersey Department of Education
The Morris County Superintendent of Schools/Office of Education serves as a focal point of general support, oversight and routine communications between local districts and the New Jersey Department of Education central offices in Trenton. The county office is led by an Executive County Superintendent who has a core staff, which includes an Executive County Business Official, a County Education Specialist, and a County Child Study Supervisor.
What We Do
- perform on-site evaluations of school districts every three years in accordance with the NJ Quality Single Accountability Continuum (NJQSAC);
- review and approve district budgets;
- review and approve district administrative contracts;
- inspect school buildings to ensure compliance with health and safety codes;
- review and approve district transportation contracts;
- issue substitute teacher credentials;
- conduct special education program reviews;
- provide technical assistance to school districts, boards of education and parents on a variety of topics; and support districts in responding to questions;
- respond to community, legislative and parental concerns; and
- assist Department divisions in securing required data.
- New Jersey Department of Education – Performance Reports
The reports are designed to inform parents, educators and communities about how well a school is performing and preparing its students for college and careers.
- New Jersey Department of Education – Parent & Family Portal
The Families Portal is intended to be a central location to provide support and information related to parent and family engagement in student learning and development.
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) in New Jersey
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) replaces No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)of 1965. ESSA is meant to ensure that all students have equitable access to high-quality educational resources and opportunities, as well as to close educational achievement gaps.
Dr. Angelica L. Allen-McMillan, Interim Executive County Superintendent
Shirley Stoll, Office Manager
Phone: (973) 285-8332
Karen M. Dunn, Interim Executive County Business Official
Phone: (973) 285-8333
General and Special Education
Sandra A. Gogerty, Supervisor of Child Study
Monalisa Kalina, Education Specialist
Phone: (973) 829-8556
Phone: (973) 285-8329
Phone: (973) 285-8325/8326
Morris County Office of Education
P.O. Box 900
Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
30 Schuyler Place, 3rd Floor
Morristown, NJ 07960