Visit Morris County’s On-line Bid System
This third-party online system provides immediate digital access* to all Morris County Bids, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications, and Addenda as issued by the Division of Purchasing. Vendors must register to access open solicitation information. Be advised that it is not mandatory to pay for use of the Morris County Bid System, as there is free registration available.
(* Except for public works related drawings and plans that require a fee).
Morris County’s Purchasing Division ensures that the County’s procurement of all goods and services fully complies with applicable New Jersey laws, rules & regulations.
- Purchasing Division is the centralized administrative compliance function for Morris County.
- The Board of Chosen Freeholders has an appointed purchasing agent, and employees outside the Purchasing Division do not have the authority to commit County funds.
- County Purchasing Agent: James J. Jorgensen, QPA, CCPO
- Purchasing Division is located on the 5th floor of the County’s Administration & Records Building (10 Court Street, Morristown, NJ 07963)
- Phone: 973-285-6373
- Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Quote or Bid Specifications
- All advertised bid requests and requests for proposals must be submitted on the forms provided by Morris County.
- A vendor with questions about the forms may contact Purchasing directly.
- Forms must be returned as hard printed, originally signed documents, with any photocopies as required in the specifications.
- In the case of a difference between a bidder’s unit price and their price extension, unit prices shall prevail and govern the bid tabulation.
- In the case of a difference between written words and numeric figures, written words shall prevail.
- Any deviation from or exception to specifications must be noted, and attached on company letterhead. Failure to do so implies the specifications as advertised and distributed are what is being bid upon.
- Any goods or merchandise received that does not meet specifications will be rejected. Vendors will arrange to pick up items at no cost to Morris County
Timeliness of the Receipt of Proposals/Bids
- Bids will not be accepted after the lawfully advertised designated time and date.
- Late bids will be returned unopened and will not be considered under any circumstances.
- All advertised solicitations (BID/RFP/COMPETITIVE CONTRACT) are opened and read publicly on the date and time noted on the solicitation documents and in the legal advertisement pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:11-23 et seq.
Learn more about doing business with Morris County.