Our latest photo contest is all about Patriotic Morris County!
About the Contest
Enter Morris County’s latest photo contest – Patriotic Morris County – for a chance to have your photo in county communications projects and online throughout the year. Everyone is welcome to participate!
The photo contest encourages citizen involvement and showcases Morris County’s quality of life and spaces and places.
We want to see your best patriotic photos from around Morris County! Memorial Day ceremonies, parades, flags, and anything else that says ‘patriotism’ to you – we can’t wait to see what you send us.
Winning photos may be used in County of Morris communication pieces and on county websites or newsletters.
This contest is open from May 14 – June 5, 2018. We will post the results on this website, as well as a Facebook gallery. First, second, and third place winners (and honorable mentions!) will be notified.
- Photos must be taken within Morris County, NJ
- Photos must be taken during the contest’s duration (May 14 – June 5, 2018).
- Photos must be at least 1MB.
- Entries may be color or black-and-white digital photographs.
- Moderate digital adjustment (color correction, cropping, sharpening, etc.) is acceptable, but images must not be a composite and must be as true a representation of the subject or moment as possible. If there is any doubt as to the authenticity of the image then the photographer agrees to submit an original image for scrutiny. If the judges decide that the post-production has resulted in a significantly altered image from the original, the submission may be disqualified.
- Any identifiable people in winning or honorable mention photos must sign a release form, or if under 18 years of age a parent/guardian must sign a release form in order for the photo(s) to be eligible for use in county communication projects.
- Winners’ photos will be featured on our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Photos may also be used for county communications in the future. The photographer retains the copyright of the photo but grants permission to Morris County to use said photo in the County’s communications, including the website, our e-newsletter, and social media. The photographer will be given credit for the photo whenever possible.
- Note: this contest is not open to Morris County employees and their family members.
Morris County’s panel of judges will name a first, second, and third prize winner of the Patriotic Morris County Photo Contest. Due to volume, only winners will be notified.
Submit Your Photo!
To submit your photo:
Make sure to include:
- Your name (or handle)
- When the photo was taken
- Location the photo was taken
- Title of the photo (please, no “Untitled”s)
- A way to contact you
Note: If you use the submission form, use the following naming convention for the photo:
For example, if John Doe wants to submit a photo called “Days in the Park,” the filename should be Doe-John-DaysInThePark.jpg.