Posted Wednesday, July 15th, 2020
Register to Attend
The Morris County Prosecutor’s Office and the state Attorney General’s Office invite all county residents to participate in an upcoming virtual community to discuss Use of Force by Police Officers.
The forum is scheduled for Friday, July 24, from 3-5 p.m. You must register to attend.
The goals of the program are:
- Strengthen relationships between law enforcement officers and communities they serve;
- Address issues of concern before conflicts arise;
- Obtain the public’s view on police use of force.
- Host– Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp
- Morris County Supervising Assistant Prosecutor Christopher Schellhorn
- Morris CountyProsecutor’s Detective/Supervisor Patrick LaGuerre
- Chester Borough Police Chief Thomas Williver
- Long Hill Township Police Chief Ahmed Naga
- Calvary Baptist Church Pastor Jerry Carter, Morristown
- Rev. Herman Scott, Morris County Correctional Facility Chaplain and Morris County NAACP Executive Board Member
- Rev. Dr. David A. Hollowell, Morris Area Interfaith Clergy Council President and Morris County NAACP Executive Board Member
Read New Jersey Attorney General Durbir Grewal’s updated New Jersey Use of Force Policy
Residents can submit comments directly to the state Attorney General’s Office via email at nj.gov/oag/force