Posted Thursday, April 9th, 2020
A rapidly deepening low and associated cold front will bring high winds to the Morris County area today. All counties in the state are under a Wind Advisory.
- Gusty winds are forecast Thursday afternoon into Friday.
- Highest wind gusts are forecast for Thursday afternoon.
- Precipitation is forecast for Thursday afternoon into early Friday.
- North of I-195: 0.1″ to 0.5″ of rain.
- Higher amounts are possible in thunderstorms.
- Some hail may be possible in strongest thunderstorms.
- Statewide, winds of 20 to 35 mph are forecast, with gusts up to 50 mph possible.
- Highest gusts are expected Thursday afternoon.
- A Wind Advisory is posted from 12 noon to 5 p.m. today for Morris and neighboring Sussex, Warren, Hunterdon, and Somerset counties.
- A Wind Advisory is posted from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. for neighboring Essex, Bergen, and Passaic counties.
- Scattered power outages may be possible.
- Unsecured objects may become flying debris.