Posted Monday, April 13th, 2020
Governor Phil Murphy, in Executive Order Number 125, has expanded the rules for food establishments that are providing take out service.
Restaurants, cafeterias, food courts, bars that are still permitted to operate must adopt policies that contain the following provisions:
- Limit occupancy to 10 percent of stated maximum capacity, wherever feasible, at one time;
- Ensure 6-feet distance between workers and customers, except at payment and exchange of goods;
- Require infection control practices, such as regular hand washing, proper tissue use and disposal;
- Provide employees break time for repeated handwashing throughout the workday;
- Arrange for contactless pay, pickup, and/or delivery options wherever feasible;
- Provide sanitization materials, such as hand sanitizer and wipes, to staff;
- Require frequent sanitization of high-touch areas like credit card machines, keypads, and counters;
- Place conspicuous signage alerting staff and customers to required six feet of physical distance;
- Require workers to wear cloth face coverings and gloves
- Provide, at their expense, face coverings and gloves for their employees.
- Customers are required to wear cloth face coverings.