Posted Monday, March 16th, 2020
Morris County would like to report the following new information regarding the coronavirus from the Office of New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy. To slow the spread of coronavirus:
- All schools and colleges/universities must close beginning on March 18 and remain closed until deemed to be safe for in-person classes to reopen;
- New Jersey will join New York and Connecticut in closing all movie theaters and gyms effective this evening. Gyms must close by 8 p.m. and will remain closed indefinitely.
- All casinos, racetracks and theaters will be closed;
- Bars and restaurants will be closing today at 8 p.m., but will be allowed to re-open daily to offer take-out and delivery services. Food establishments will be prohibited from offering eat-in services.
- Gatherings of more than 50 people will be prohibited.
- The Governor will recommend that residents should not travel between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Establishments such as supermarkets, pharmacies, medical offices and gas stations will not be affected by the mandatory 8 p.m. closures. They will remain open to provide service to all residents.
The Governor’s Office is expected to provide more specific details later today: Read Executive Order 104, March 16, 2020