Posted Tuesday, December 17th, 2019
The Morris County Department of Public Works, Mosquito Control Division, is seeking a Biologist to become part the mosquito control staff. We are looking for a candidate to supervise inspection staff, perform field work requiring the application of biological and closely related principles and techniques; does other related duties as required.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of inspection staff.
- Ensures the proper handling and application of insecticides.
- Develops effective work plans and schedules areas to be inspected, treated or cleaned.
- Organizes program to determine effectiveness of the mosquito control program.
- Teaches employees proper methods of utilizing insecticides.
- Supervises the proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Prepares various kinds of reports and maintains essential records and files.
- Required to apply insecticides.
- Required to drive a truck or other vehicle.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and or manual recording and information systems utilized by the agency.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in one of the biological sciences.
- Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain a valid New Jersey Pesticide Applicators License, CORE and category 8B within three months of employment.
- Applicants must be able to read and write English
$48,754 annual, 40-hour work week and is not negotiable. The County offers a comprehensive benefit package.
For consideration, please fill out our online employment form as well as attach a copy of your cover letter and resume.
County of Morris makes all efforts to complete the application accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Shana Aria at 973-285-6105.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact