Posted Wednesday, October 9th, 2019
Work Continues in Chatham, Florham Park, and Washington Township
Morris County is moving towards completion of its 2019 road paving and improvement projects with work scheduled in the next few weeks for portions of Quaker Church Road and Randolph Avenue in Randolph.
Bids have been awarded on each of those projects and pre-construction meetings have been held to set the dates and times for that work to be done. That information will be available soon.
County contractors, meanwhile, continue to work on a 2.1-mile segment of road that runs from East Mill Road in Washington Township to Route 206 in Chester, and are milling and paving North Passaic Street in Chatham Borough and Florham Park, and completing a small segment of Littleton Road in Parsippany.
When the work is completed, the county will have improved nearly 30 miles of roads across Morris County, as part of an aggressive 2019 effort to maintain the county’s road infrastructure.
Freeholder Stephen Shaw
“We have been working to keep our commitment to properly maintain our road and bridge network in Morris County,’’ said Morris County Freeholder Stephen Shaw. “We are moving to complete our 2019 schedule in the coming weeks before the weather turns colder.’’
The following paving projects recently have concluded:
- Highview Avenue in Hanover
- New Vernon Road in Long Hill
- Mendham Road in Mendham Township
- Canfield Avenue in Mine Hill
- Drakesdale Road in Mount Olive
- Mount Olive/Flanders Road in Mount Olive
- Landing Road in Roxbury
- Dover-Rockaway Road in Rockaway Township
- Mount Arlington Blvd. in Roxbury.
- North Main Street and East-West Dewey Avenue in Wharton
Also, work on the Crane Road bridge project in Mountain Lakes is complete.
Regarding other county bridge projects, bids have been received for the Mill Road Bridge replacement project in Morris Township and for the planned East Blackwell Street bridge project in Dover.
The county also expects to move ahead with two more bridge projects this fall: Chestnut Terrace bridge in Rockaway Township and Waterloo Road bridge at the Netcong and Stanhope border.
- Chatham Borough-Florham Park: North Passaic Street
Milling and Paving Ongoing
1.1 miles from Main Street in Chatham to the county line in Florham Park
Contractor: American Asphalt & Milling Services
Bid Price: $1,013.982
- Washington Twp. and Chesters: East Mill Rd/Washington Tpke:
Partially Paved, Bridge Work Continues
2.1 miles, from E. Valley Brook Road to Route 206
Contractor: Top Line Construction of Somerville
Bid Price: $1.1 million
- Littleton Road (County Route 630), Parsippany:
Anticipate Start 9/23
0.5-miles, Parsippany Blvd. to Smith Road
Contractor: AJM Contractors of Clifton
Bid Price: $323,746
Completed Road Projects:
- Boonton Twp., Powerville Road: 2-miles, Valley Rd. to Rockaway Valley Rd.
- Chester Twp. and Randolph: North Road and Dover-Chester Road, 4.4 miles.
- Dover, Randolph, V. Gardens, South Salem Street: 1.1 miles, E. Blackwell to Rte. 10.
- Dover, South Morris Street: 0.9 miles from Route 46 to Millbrook Avenue.
- Hanover Twp., Highview Avenue: 2-miles to East Hanover Avenue.
- Harding-Morris Twp., James Street: 0.6-miles, Harter Rd. to Southgate Pkwy.
- Lincoln Park, Boonton Turnpike: 2.1-miles, Main Street to the Wayne border
- Lincoln Park-Pequannock, Comly Road/Ryerson Road: 7-miles from Main Street in Lincoln Park to the Boulevard in Pequannock.
- Long Hill, New Vernon Road:4-miles, Meyersville Road to township border
- Mendham Twp., Mendham Road: 0 mile from Ralston Hill Road to Bridge 629
- Mine Hill, Canfield Avenue: 6 miles, W. Randolph Ave to Route 46
- Morris Township-Morristown: Madison Ave to Blackberry Lane, 1.2-miles.
- Mount Olive:, Mount Olive/Flanders Road: 1.2 miles from Route 46 to Elias Drive
- Mount Olive, Drakesdale Road: 7 miles, Flanders-Netcong Road to Route 206
- Parsippany: Littleton Road, 1.7-miles from Route 10 to Crestview Drive.
- Pequannock: Boulevard, 1.3 miles from Cooper Road to Route 23
- Rockaway Twp., Dover-Rockaway Road: 4-miles, East Blackwell St. to Route 46
- Roxbury, Mt. Arlington Blvd.: Half-mile, Landing Rd. to Laurie Rd.
- Roxbury, Landing Road:2 miles, from Route 80 to Mt. Arlington Blvd
- Roxbury, Arlington Blvd.: 1.3 miles, Laurie Road to the township line
- Wharton: North Main Street: 0.7 miles from Dewey Avenue to Route 15
- Wharton, West and East Dewey Avenue: 0.9 miles W Central to Wharton Rail Trail
Completed Bridge Projects:
- Mountain Lakes, Crane Road Bridge between Boulevard and Morris Avenue
- Parsippany, Intervale Road over Troy Brook
- Washington Township, Naughright Road over South Branch of the Raritan River
- Washington Township, Black River Road Bridge, over tributary to the Black River