The County of Morris) is seeking a qualified candidate with understanding and experience in planning and GIS to work in the Office of Planning and Preservation. Knowledge of traditional land use, urban planning, as well as environmental and preservation planning issues, in addition, the ability to prepare various planning reports:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- The review of site plans and subdivisions in the Land Development Review Section for compliance with County development standards.
- Assistance to various sections of the Office of Planning & Preservation as needed (Long Range, Preservation Trust Fund Programs, etc.)
- GIS mapping and data analyses for all sections of the County’s Office of Planning & Preservation
- Ability to do fieldwork/site visits as necessary to support various assignments
- The ability to work independently and with a team.
- Assume all other responsibilities as required
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with including or supplemented by 21-semester hour credits in professional planning subjects such as the principles of land use planning, history of city planning, planning project design, and planning law and administration. Minors or certificate in GIS, Urban Planning, or Environmental studies is a plus
- Valid current and license as a Professional Planner in New Jersey issued by the New Jersey Board of Professional Planners may be substituted for the education requirement or Master’s degree in Planning from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of indicated experience.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in municipal, county, regional, or state planning.
- Proficient in Arc GIS skills, including but not limited to presentation map creation, data maintenance, and analytical maps. Mapping and GIS support for the various programs in the Office of Planning & Preservation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Access) and familiarity Adobe programs.
- Preferred but not required: Three (3) years of experience and knowledge of County Planning.
NOTE: Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a New Jersey Civil Service Commission examination and appointing procedures. AND if not currently a New Jersey resident, the successful applicants must become a resident of New Jersey within one year of hire date. Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
Starting Salary Range is $49,684 to $58,888 dependent on experience and skills
Interested applicants, please fill out our online employment form in addition, please attach resume and cover letter.
County of Morris makes all efforts to complete the application accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please the Personnel Office at 973-285-6103.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Applications will be accepted until September 13, 2019