Posted Wednesday, June 5th, 2019
“The Many Faces of Recovery” on Tuesday Evening June 18
The Morris County Health Addictions Services Advisory Board invites county residents to the 25th annual Public Forum for Consumers and Families, which this year will focus on “building bridges to employment” for persons dealing with mental illness, substance use and other behavioral issues.
Join in a free interactive event that will include:
• A forum for public comment from county residents on the county and local human services system: What is working and what could be done better?
• Personal stories of wellness and recovery;
• Employment considerations and resource information;
• Presentation of the Terri Belske Mental Health Advocate of the Year Award;
• Community resources, local connections and information on wellness activitie;s
• Kathy Moser, Music for Recovery;
• Mental Health Players, Mental Health Association of Essex & Morris.
The Public Forum will be held at the Haggerty Center at the Morris County Park Commission’s Frelinghuysen Arboretum, located at 353 East Hanover Avenue, in Morris Township (across the street from the Morris County Library), from 5:30 p.m to 8 p.m.
The event is targeted to parents, teens, caregivers, professionals, seniors, disabled persons, and public officials. But any interested county resident is welcome to attend.
For more information or to make a reservation for the event, contact Laurie Becker at 973-285-6852.
The event is sponsored by the Morris County Board of Freeholders, Morris County Department of Human Services, Mental Health Addiction Services Advisory Board, and community partners.