Posted Thursday, May 2nd, 2019
All Riding Abilities are Welcome and All Commuting Distances Count
The free, friendly competition offers both expert and beginner bicycle riders an extra reason to bike ride this spring amid decreasing stress, traffic congestion, and vehicle emissions. Riders create an online profile by downloading TransOptions’ GoForGood app from Google Play or the App Store and track their bicycle commute trips and miles this month.
Participants can ride from a Park & Ride lot, bike to a train station or take their bicycle on the bus. Riders can also create teams and invite friends or coworkers to join as a way to add motivation and gain additional chances to win prizes. Commuting every day by bicycle is not required, but every ride gives participants a greater chance of winning of of the prizes.
New features have been added to the GoForGood app:
• Login with Facebook or Google
• Teams are ranked by average number of trips
• Notifies users of calories burned and CO2 saved during trip
• Share completed trip map and photos to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Push Notifications are sent to remind people of upcoming events, to log their trips, and prize updates
For more information on the 2019 Bike to Work Challenge, visit GoForGood.TransOptions.org or call TransOptions at (973) 267-7600.