Full time 35 hour work week.
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class C with a Passenger endorsement.
- Applicant with a permit CDL license may be considered for the position.
- Assists senior citizens and the handicapped into and out of vehicles and escorts persons to and from their homes, doctors offices, markets, and other places.
- Operates a hydraulic lift mechanism to assist passengers confined to wheelchairs, on and off vehicle, and assists them into and out of seats.
- Drives a bus on established route and/or operates van to transport the elderly, handicapped, and mentally challenged to and from their homes to hospitals, doctors’ offices, markets, etc. on a demand response basis.
- Checks vehicle for operating safety.
- Inspects vehicle at start and end of each trip for cleanliness and general condition.
- Checks, cleans, and performs minor servicing of vehicles.
- Maintains records of all trips.
- Prepares simple reports.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
Starting Salary: $25,291
Please fill out our online employment form to apply.