Under direction, identifies species of mosquitoes, tabulates, summarizes and plots results of identification and numbers for use in directing control activities; in addition, may assist in the work involved in mosquito extermination and control work; does other related work.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures used to identify mosquitoes by species and genus.
- Knowledge of the methods used in applying insecticides and other materials used in extermination and control of mosquitoes after a period of training.
- Ability to assist in the development of mosquito control programs.
- Ability to prepare clear and informative reports.
- Ability to make appropriate references and deductions based on various types of source materials.
- Ability to design charts or graphs from raw data.
- Ability to keep records and files.
- Ability to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- One (1) year of experience in the identification of insects by species and genus.
- NOTE: Completion of six semester hours of credit in entomology at an accredited college or university may be substituted for the above work experience.
- Applicant will be required to possess a valid license as a Commercial Pesticide Applicator of the appropriate class, issued by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
Salary is $41,450 and all full-time employees receive a benefits package that includes paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and health and pension benefits. This is a Civil Service position that will require an exam given by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission at a later date.
Fill out our online application form to apply.