Posted Friday, September 14th, 2018
WORK ON CHANGEBRIDGE ROAD IN MONTVILLE COULD BE COMPLETED NEXT WEEK
County road-paving projects on sections of Blackwell Street in Dover and Randolph Road in Mine Hill will start on Monday, with motorists advised to anticipate possible brief traffic delays over the next couple of weeks.
Milling and paving is continuing on several segments of Changebridge Road in Montville, totaling about one mile, with a likelihood that work could wrap up by the end of the week.
In addition, the start of work on East Main Street in Rockaway Borough also could begin next week. It has been delayed briefly while the contractor for the project completes another county project.
The paving work is part of the Morris County Board of Freeholders’ plan to aggressively targets road infrastructure, with more than 30 miles of roads across 24 municipalities set for paving this year at cost of $9 million in state and county dollars.
Delays in the state approval process for paving work pushed back the county’s expected late spring and early summer paving schedule, as efforts are being made now to award bid contracts and expedite the work.
To see the complete list of scheduled 2018 county paving projects, visit: https://transportation.morriscountynj.gov/2018-county-road-paving-projects/
The county work is in addition to local and state road-improvement projects.
“Despite delays by the state, we are working hard to get as many of our planned 2018 projects done before cold weather sets in later in the fall,’’ said Freeholder John Cesaro. “Any projects delayed this year would be prioritized for paving in early 2019. But we are trying to get them done this year, if possible.’’
Jacksonville Road in Pequannock is scheduled for paving
Road closures and detours will be signed and coordinated with the local police departments for all of the projects. Motorists should expect delays and possible detours. Bicyclists are urged to seek other routes during this construction period.
- Court Street, Morristown: A 0.1 mile project will conclude as soon as required water utility work is done by Southeast Morris County MUA. AJM Contractors of Clifton is the contractor, with a bid price of $504,372. The contractor will schedule a four-day full closure of Court Street to mill, pave and re-stripe the street.
- Changebridge Road, Montville: Three-segments. 0.9-mile project: from MacCulloch Drive to Olympia Court; from Passaic Valley Road to .45 miles south; and from Bloomfield Ave to Route 46. Schifano Construction of Middlesex is the contractor, with a bid price of $405,136. The project includes storm basin, milling, paving, guide rails, and striping. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Work could be completed by Sept. 21
- Randolph Avenue, Mine Hill: The 0.9-mile project will run from Route 46 to Randolph Avenue. Milling and paving will to start on Monday, Sept. 17. A. Alexander of Bloomfield is the contractor, with a bid price of $347,689. The project will include storm basin, milling, paving, ADA ramps, guide rails, and striping. Work should occur from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Police in neighboring Wharton say a full road closure may occur at some point.
- Blackwell Street, Dover: The 0.7-mile project will run from Warren Street to Salem Street. Work will start on Monday, Sept. 17. AJM Contractors of Clifton is the contractor. The bid price is $439,065. The project includes storm basin work, milling, paving, ADA ramps, guide rails, and striping. Work is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. One lane of traffic will remain open but motorists should expect delays.
East Main Street in Rockaway Borough is among the paving projects slated for this year.
- East Main Street, Rockaway Borough: The 1.0-mile project will run from Wall Street to Route 46. Milling and paving will start within the next week, depending on the contractor’s completion of another county project. Schifano Construction of Middlesex is the contractor, with a bid price of $602,801. The project will include storm basin, ADA ramps, milling, paving, guide rails, and striping. Work hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Highview Avenue, Hanover Twp.: The 0.2-mile project will run to East Hanover Avenue. Work is expected to start in late September. AJM Contractors of Clifton will be the contractor. The bid price is $124,359. The project includes storm basin work, milling, paving, ADA ramps, and striping. Work is expected to occur from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sections of East Mill Road in Washington Township and Jacksonville Road/Newark-Pompton Turnpike in Pequannock have been approved for paving, but start dates have yet to be determined.
- Boontons, Powerville Road: 4-miles from West Main Street in Boonton to Valley Road in Boonton Township.
- Parsippany, Gov. Chris Christie Drive: The 1/3rd-mile road opened Sept. 12.
- Morris Twp., Mendham Road: 5-miles from Indian Head Road to Kahdena Road.