Posted Thursday, August 23rd, 2018
Learn How to Create Your Business
The Business of Art is the focus of Entrepreneurship 101, a six-week evening course offered in September by Morris County Economic Development Corporation and UCEDC, a private, non-profit economic development corporation.
This course will guide participants through the early stages of the entrepreneurial process for the best chance to turn business ideas into success. The course teaches attendees how to create a unique business identity and how to market their art or craft in the state.
The class is geared toward individuals contemplating starting a business, those looking for more information on assessing their ideas, early stage business owners looking to add more structure and understanding.
Class is held for six sessions, Tuesday evenings, 6 – 9 p.m., Sept. 11 – Oct. 16. Registration closes Friday, Sept. 7. Class size is limited to 12. Participation at all classes, as well as weekly follow up with instructors, is mandatory.
The registration fee of $225 entitles participants to 18 hours of workshop instruction, additional instructor contact between classes, all class materials, light dinner at all classes, introductions to business experts and lenders, and a full year of individualized mentoring.
- Learn whether you have the traits to be a business owner and make your idea work
- Assess the feasibility of your particular business idea and ensure that it will provide the benefits you want from business ownership
- Master the steps to opening a business in New Jersey
- Determine the correct structure for your business
- Work closely with instructors during class and in off hours to draft your business plan
- Present your idea to a panel of independent experts for feedback and advice
- Receive one-on-one mentoring for 12 months on successful completion of the class
The instructor is Erich Peter, director of training and technical assistance for UCEDC.
Erich’s background mixes corporate and small business experience. He began his career in the public accounting industry and then went on to hold management and financial roles in the energy industry. Erich then took the entrepreneurial plunge as the owner/operator of a printing company. After a successful six-year tenure, Erich sold the business and joined the UCEDC team in his current role.
For more information, contact Erich Peter at [email protected] or 908-527-1166.