Posted Tuesday, May 29th, 2018
You are invited to the Morris County library’s free screenings of recent blockbusters films and independent movies for adults on Fridays at 2 p.m. in June.
Films are free and on a first-come, first-served basis. All showings are in the public meeting room. So, Check the schedule, pop some popcorn, and come on in.
Films for adults (starting March 10) include:
- June 1: Greatest Showman, with Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams and Zac Efron. Celebrates the birth of show business and tells of P.T. Barnum, a visonary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that created a worldwide sensation;
- June 8: All the Money in the World, with Michelle Williams, Christopher Plummer, and Mark Wahlberg. The story of the kidnapping of 16-year-old John Paul Getty III and the desperate attempt by his devoted mother to convince his billionaire grandfather to pay the ransom;
- June 15: The Post, with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. A cover-up that spanned four U.S. Presidents pushed the nation’s first female newspaper publisher and a hard-driving editor to join an unprecedented battle between the media and government;
- June 22: Roman J. Israel, Esq., with Denzel Washington and Colin Farrell. An idealistic defense attorney finds himself in a tumultuous series of events that leads to a crisis and the need for extreme action;
- June 29: Molly’s Game, with Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, and Kevin Costner. The true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic skier who ran the world’s most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target.
Important Reminder: Seating is limited and there are no reservations, so come early to be sure to get in.
The Morris County Library is located at 30 East Hanover Avenue in the Whippany section of Hanover Township.
For more information on the movies series call 973-285-6979.