Thursday, December 21st, 2017
The County of Morris is seeking a qualified candidate with understanding and experience in planning and GIS to work in the Office of Planning and Preservation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in the administration of the Flood Mitigation Trust Fund Program
- GIS mapping and data analyses for the County’s Preservation Trust Fund programs and Long Range Planning and Land Development Review sections
- Assistance in the development of Wastewater Management Plans
- Preparation of Statistical Tabulations, Studies, Reports and Plans.
- Knowledge of traditional land use as well as environmental and preservation planning issues a plus
- Ability to do occasional field work/site visits as necessary to support various planning initiatives
- Strong Arc GIS skills, including but not limited to presentation map creation, data maintenance and analytical maps
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Access.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 21 semester hour credits in professional planning subjects such as the principles of land use planning, history of city planning, planning project design, and planning law and administration and a minor or certificate in GIS
- One (1) year of professional experience in municipal, county, regional, or state planning.
NOTE: Possession of a current and valid license as a Professional Planner in New Jersey issued by the New Jersey Board of Professional Planners may be substituted for the education requirement.
NOTE: Possession of a Master’s degree in Planning from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of indicated experience.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in New Jersey.
Preferred but not required:
- Three (3) years of experience
- Knowledge of County Planning.
Salary Range is $41,450 to $48,359 dependent on experience and skills.
Please fill out our online employment form to apply. Applications will be accepted until NOON on January 31, 2018.