Monday, March 6th, 2017
You are invited to the Morris County library’s free screenings of recent blockbusters films and independent movies for adults on Fridays at 2 p.m. in March and April.
Films are free and on a first-come, first-served basis. All showings are in the public meeting room. So, Check the schedule, pop some popcorn, and come on in.
Films for adults (starting March 10) include:
- March 10: Omagh, with Gerard McSorley and Brenda Flicker: A story of the 1998 IRA bombing that killed 29 people in Omagh, Northern Ireland;
- March 17: Waking Ned Devine, with James Nesbitt and Fionnula Flanagan: A classic Irish comedy about what happens when a lottery winner dies of shock;
- March 24: Arrival, with Amy Adams and Forrest Whitaker: A linguistics expert must communicate with mysterious spacecrafts;
- March 31: Light Between Oceans, with Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander: A lighthouse keeper and his wife raise a baby they rescue from the ocean;
- April 7: Manchester By the Sea, with Casey Affleck and Michelle Williams: A depressed uncle is asked to take care of his teenage nephew after the boy’s father dies;
- April 21: Jackie, with Natalie Portman and Peter Sarsgaard: The post assassination story of First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy;
- April 28: Loving, with Ruth Negga and Joel Edgerton: The story of interracial couple Richard and Mildred Loving.
Important Reminder: Seating is limited and there are no reservations, so come early to be sure to get in.
The Morris County Library is located at 30 East Hanover Avenue in the Whippany section of Hanover Township. \
For more information on the movies series call 973-285-6979.