Posted Thursday, May 19th, 2016
Making Their Mark On and Off the Field
The Department of Athletics at County College of Morris recently presented awards to its most successful team members during academic year 2015-16.
Pictured here are (l-r) James Fluke (Netcong), Mary Mastriani (Sparta), Nyasia Strickland (Randolph), Joe Maugeri (Flanders), Taylor Fehnel (Hackettstown) and Michaela Piserchia (Great Meadows).
Presented with awards were:
- Joe Maugeri (Flanders), Male Athlete of the Year
- Brielle Mulcahy (Long Valley), Female Athlete of the Year
- Joe Maugeri (Flanders), Male Scholar Athlete:
- Nyasia Strickland (Randolph), Female Scholar Athlete
- Jim Fluke (Netcong), Male Freshman of the Year
- Mary Mastriani (Sparta), Female Freshman of the Year
- Brielle Colgero (East Hanover), Female Athlete on the Rise
- Victor Salazar (Madison), Male Athlete on the Rise:
CCM men’s basketball team
Presented with the CCM Titan Award, which is given to student athletes who go above and beyond for the college CCM, were:
- Zabrina Gale (Succasunna)
- Michaela Piserchia (Great Meadows)
- Taylor Fehnel (Hackettstown)
“The freeholder board congratulates all of these outstanding student athletes for their contribution to the college and our community on and off the playing fields,” said Morris County Freeholder Hank Lyon, who is the county governing board’s liaison to CCM.
CCM is also a charter member of the Garden State Athletic Conference. The GSAC provides the opportunity for athletic competition among New Jersey Community Colleges.
In order to be a participant in the athletic programs at CCM, you must be a full-time student and meet the eligibility standards set by the NJCAA. All students and transfer students who wish to participate in intercollegiate athletics should contact the Athletics Office as early as possible.
For more information on athletics at CCM, visit: http://www.ccm.edu/athletics