Posted Monday, August 22nd, 2011
NJ TRANSIT has announced that it will adjust services on the Morris Local Bus routes. Some lines will be rerouted, while others will have their schedules modified.
The changes will take effect Monday, Sept. 5, and will affect bus numbers 871, 872, 873, 874, 875 and 880. The 871 and 874 will have schedule changes, while the 872, 873, 875 and 880 will have route and schedule changes.
NJ TRANSIT asks riders to pick up a new timetable, check www.NJTRANSIT.com, or call 973-275-5555 for specific information. New schedules may also be ordered from the Morris County Division of Transportation website, www.MorrisDOT.org.
Some of the changes include:
No. 871 (Schedule Change) – Weekdays – Trips to/from Boonton will be extended to Myrtle Avenue at Wootton Street to serve Wal-Mart.
Nos. 871 & 874 (Schedule Change) – Weekdays & Saturdays – New departure times throughout the day. Midday and Saturday service will be reduced.
No. 872 (Route & Schedule Changes) – Weekdays only – Buses will operate every 70 minutes during AM peak and approximately every 90 minutes the rest of the day.
• In Morristown & Hanover, buses will operate via Spring Street, Martin Luther King Avenue & Hanover Avenue. In Parsippany, buses will serve the Mack Cali Business Campus. All trips will be extended to serve the Route 10 Corridor between Parsippany, Hanover and East Hanover to/from Livingston Mall.
Service transferred from the 872 to another route or eliminated:
• Between Morristown Station and Headquarters Plaza – see No. 873, 875 & 880 for replacement.
• Between Parsippany, Victory Gardens & Dover – see No. 875 for replacement.
• To/from Morris County Offices and Morris View Healthcare Center on Hanover Avenue, Greystone Park Hospital and Central Avenue – see No. 873 for replacement.
• Along Tabor Road in Morris Plains (serving J&J and Pfizer) – see No. 875 for replacement.
• Along Glenbrook Road in Morris Plains – service eliminated due to low ridership.
No. 873 (Route & Schedule Changes) – Weekdays & Saturdays – Minor departure time adjustments throughout the day.
• Buses will operate in Morristown via Headquarters Plaza and Speedwell Avenue. In Morris Plains/Parsippany, service will be extended from Greystone Park Hospital to/from Central Avenue Non-Profit Mall at Medical Drive.
Service transferred from the 873 to another route:
• In Morristown & Morris Plains – service via Spring Street, Martin Luther King Avenue & Hanover Avenue – see No. 872 for replacement.
No. 875 (Route & Schedule Changes) – Weekdays only – Buses will operate approximately every 90 minutes.
• Route will be extended from Dover via Victory Gardens, Route 10 Corridor, Morris Plains (Tabor Road) to/from Morristown (HQ Plaza and Morristown Station).
• Better timed connections with selected Morris & Essex trains at Dover Station during the AM and early PM for travel to/from the County College of Morris.
• Direct service for County College of Morris students and employees traveling between the Randolph and Morristown-Headquarters Plaza campuses.
Service transferred from the 875 to another route:
• Between Rockaway Town Square Mall, Marketplace at Rockaway, Main Street in Wharton, and St. Clare’s Hospital in Dover – see No. 880 for replacement.
No. 880 (Route & Schedule Changes) – Weekday & Saturdays – Buses will operate hourly during AM and PM peak periods and approximately every 90 minutes at other times.
• Buses extended from Dover via Blackwell Street/Route 46 via St. Clare’s Hospital; Wharton via Main Street and East Dewey Avenue; Rockaway to/from the Marketplace at Rockaway & Rockaway Town Square Mall.
Service transferred from the 880 to another route or eliminated:
• Mack Cali Business Campus in Parsippany – see No. 872 for replacement.
• Service along Mount Hope Avenue between downtown Dover and Mount Pleasant Avenue in Rockaway has been eliminated due to low ridership.