Thursday, October 7th, 2010
In preparation for the final submission to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Morris County Department of Human Services is accepting Notices of Intent from all agencies interested in the $121,691 permanent housing bonus available from HUD for new projects.
All groups requesting these funds must complete a notice of intent form and submit it to the Morris County Department of Human Services by Oct. 15.
Applicants interested in applying for the permanent housing bonus funds must meet certain threshold requirements in order to be considered for funding. For an agency, the threshold requirements are:
1. Up to date DUNS number
2. Current CCR registration
3. Ability to participate in HMIS
4. Experience in serving the homeless or operating project as specified in application
5. Ability to meet HUD mandated timelines for project implementation and operation.
The project threshold requirements are:
1. Project must provide permanent housing – requests for service funding will not be considered due to HUD restrictions on Bonus funds
2. Project must serve eligible homeless populations – individuals and/or families in which the head of household has a disabling condition
3. Projects must demonstrate capacity to provide services funded through alternative sources
4. Projects must demonstrate capacity to leverage additional resources and funds not less than 50% of request.
All agencies interested in applying for funding through the 2010 Continuum of Care process must submit a completed Notice of Intent by 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 15, to the Morris County Department of Human Services.
The Notice of Intent may be mailed to the Morris County Department of Human Services, P.O. Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900, Attention: Shelia Carter, Human Services Coordinator. It may also be faxed to Carter’s attention at (973) 285-6713; delivered to Carter in person Monday through Friday except Oct. 11, Columbus Day, at the Human Services offices at 30 Schuyler Place, 3rd floor in Morristown; or e-mailed to her at [email protected] .