A surrogate is a judicial officer, elected by the people, having jurisdiction over the probate of wills, the administration of estates, and more.
Surrogate John Pecoraro was first elected to serve the citizens of Morris County in 1994. Each term of office is five years. The full title of the office is “Judge of the Surrogate Court.”
How can we help?
- An on-line Citizens’ Guide to Wills, Trusts, and Estates is packed with information. It is also available in print by calling our office.
- Initial probate forms are available on-line.
- Search our site for estate executors and administrators who were appointed by this office. This is a free service.
- General tips for drafting a will lists items to keep in mind while going through the probate process.
- Surrogate John Pecoraro will come to your club or civic group to share this important information.