2015 Open Space Recommendations
The Open Space Trust Fund Committee presented their recommendations to the Board of Chosen Freeholders on November 9. The Board of Chosen Freeholders approved their recommendations at their meeting on November 23.
- Summary of 2015 Recommendations
- Map of 2015 Recommendations
- Information about each Recommended Project
- Morris Canal Greenway-Boonton Gateway (Town of Boonton)
- Bee Meadow Greenway-Phase III (Hanover Township)
- Babbling Brooke (Jefferson Township)
- Scott Farm Open Space Acquisition (Mendham Borough)
- Cataract Park Expansion (Washington Township)
- Patriot’s Path-Coleman’s Road Trailhead (Washington Township)
About Open Space Preservation
Under the municipal/qualified charitable conservancy category of Morris County’s Preservation Trust Fund, a 15-member committee annually reviews and makes recommendations to the Board of Chosen Freeholders on applications submitted by any of the 39 municipalities in the county as well as eligible land conservancies.
To date, 442 applications have been submitted since 1994, the first year the county began accepting applications, and 297 of those have been approved for funding (approximately 67%).