Mental Health

The Role We Play

We will provide you with information, give you referral options, and help to link you to publicly funded community mental health services.   With oversight of the Freeholder appointed Mental Health Addictions Services Advisory Board, we also act as service system and client advocates when needed.

The Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders and New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addictions Services provide funding for many community based services.

Call 973-285-6852 if you need assistance.


  • Battered Women

    Trained staff assist women who need help due to domestic violence. Staff works in conjunction with the Jersey Battered Women’s Service in providing social services to this population. For information or help, contact the Social Services Intake Unit at 973-829-8176 or JBWS hotline at 973-267-4763.

  • Counseling
  • Crisis/Psychiatric Services
  • Detoxification
  • Jewish Family Service of MetroWest New Jersey
  • Long Term Treatment
  • Medical
  • Morris County Adjuster
  • NJ Association of County Mental Health Administrators Recommendations to the NJ SAFE Task Force
  • National Self-Help Organizations
  • New Jersey Family Care


    Free or low cost health insurance for uninsured children 19 years old or younger through participating HMO’s. Service include doctor visits, hospitalizations, lab tests, x-rays, eyeglasses, mental health services, prescription drugs and dental care for most children. Eligibility is based on monthly income and household size, and no one is turned down due to pre-existing conditions. Apply at Office of Temporary Assistance, download an application from, or call 1-800-701-0710.

  • New Jersey Workability


    Medical assistance available to permanently physically or mentally disabled individuals between age 16 and 64 who are employed either full-time or part-time and receive Social Security Disability.

  • Residential & Supportive Housing
  • Resource List
  • Short Term Inpatient
  • Social Service Intake


    Full range of social services available by calling 973-829-8176. Anyone with an identified

    problem such as housing, medical needs, financial needs, transportation or personal problems may receive help. Target populations are vulnerable adults or families experiencing housing, financial, child rearing, or mental health problems. Social workers do an initial needs assessment, screen for program eligibility, give information and referrals, and provide short-term services such as links with shelters, back rent/mortgage assistance, utility and relocation assistance. Individuals/families with on-going needs are assigned to the appropriate service unit.

  • Support Services & Outreach
  • Traumatic Brain Injury


    Serves people between ages 18 and 65 who have survived a traumatic brain injury. These individuals receive Medicaid benefits plus additional services, excluding nursing home and personal care assistance. Services include case management, behavioral and drug counseling, community residential services and therapies, behavioral programs, environmental modifications, structured day care, supported day programs, transportation, respite care, night supervision, chore services and companion services.