The Role We Play
Employment and Training Services operates One-Stop Career Centers in Morris, Sussex and Warren Counties, providing quality job seeker/ career development services to individuals seeking meaningful and productive employment.
Job skills training via state and federal training grant funding up to $5,000 is available to eligible individuals seeking to gain and/or update their work-readiness skills. Training grants allow full-time study in a labor demand field at an approved training institution.
(800) 870-3478 or (973) 285-6880
Career Services – Includes Career Assessments and Counseling, Labor Market Information, supportive services information, eligibility information, and information on training providers for job seekers.
All services are free of cost to individuals meeting eligibility criteria as stipulated under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- All adults, 18 years and older, are eligible for career services.
A “dislocated worker” is defined as:
- Have been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff from employment;
- Is eligible for or has exhausted unemployment insurance;
- Has demonstrated an appropriate attachment to the workforce, but not eligible for unemployment insurance and unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation;
- Has been terminated or laid off or received notification of termination or layoff from employment s a result of a permanent closure or substantial layoff;
- Is employed at a facility, where the employer has made the general announcement that the facility will close within a 180 days;
- Was self-employed (including employment as a farmer, a rancher, or a fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community or because of a natural disaster;
- Is a displaced homemaker who is no longer supported by another family member; or
- Is the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and who has experienced loss of employment as a direct result of relocation to accommodate permanent change in duty station.
- Priority for career services is given to recipients of public assistance and other low-income individuals where funds are limited
Contact Employment & Training Services at (800) 870-3478 or (973) 285-6880.
- Business Services
- Career Development
- Career Fairs
- Jersey Job Club
- Labor Market Information
- NJ Dept of Labor & Workforce Development
- Occupations In-Demand
- One-Stop Career Centers
- People with Disabilities
- Re-Employment Video
- Social Security Disability Program
- Temporary Disability
- Unemployment Insurance
- Veterans Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Workforce Development
- Workforce Investment Act
- Workforce Development Board