Comment on the Five Year Consolidated Plan & 2016 Annual Action Plan
Per HUD regulations, citizens have the right and comment on the Five Year Consolidated Plan and the 2016 Annual Action Plan through April 29, 2016.
- 2016 Morris County Annual Action Plan (updated 5/16)
- 2016 Parsippany Annual Action Plan
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice (updated 4/18)
Comments may be directed to Timothy J. Tansey, Director of Community Development Programs at the County of Morris.
Mail: Division of Community & Behavioral Health Services, Office of Community Development, POB 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
In addition, a Public Hearing will be conducted on April 21, 2016 at 5:30 PM in the Blue Conference Room, 3rd Floor, 30 Schuyler Place, Morristown, NJ 07960 in order to afford the public the opportunity to comment.
Comprehensive Annual Performance and Evaluation Report for F.Y. 2014
The Five-Year Consolidated Plan laid out a strategic plan containing housing goals, community development goals, homeless and special population goals, economic development goals, and planning goals. Read the Fifth Program Year CAPER.
The Office of Community Development serves the 39 municipalities of Morris County through its administration of the:
- Community Development Block Grant
- CDBG grants are available to non profits and participating municipalities applying for grants to fund activities within the realms of infrastructure and improvements, services, facilities and creation of affordable housing.
- HOME Investment Partnerships
- HOME grants are similarly available and target activities involving the creation of affordable housing; the Office also funds a Tenant Based Rental Assistance program.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- ESG is geared toward providers dealing with homelessness.
The Office’s Homeowner Housing Rehabilitation Program (El Programa para la Reparación de Viviendas) serves to maintain affordable housing by enabling homeowners, experiencing major systems’ failures, to remain in their homes; it also assists towns in satisfying their affordable housing obligations.