Meetings & Agendas
- January 14
- February 11
- March 10
- April 14
- May 12
- July 14
- September 8
- October 13
- November 10
- December 8
*Third Tuesday to prevent conflict during a holiday
The MHASAB meets at 5:15 p.m. on the second Thursday of the month beginning in the Red Conference Room, 3rd Floor, 30 Schuyler Place, Morristown, N.J.
MISSION: To ensure that a full continuum of care is available, accessible and affordable to address the shared and specific mental health and substance abuse prevention, education and treatment needs of Morris County residents.
PURPOSE: Formulate and implement strategies to:
- identify and remediate barriers to service
- advise the Morris County Department of Human Services regarding compliance with the statutory requirement of the Community Mental Health Act, and the applicable sections of P.L. 1983, Chapter 531 and P.L. 1989, Chapter 51 related to substance abuse prevention, education and treatment
- advocate for a seamless system of care for clients with specific or shared mental health and substance abuse issues
- ensure that education and training opportunities are made available to consumers, providers, and volunteers
- monitor the use of public dollars
- promote cooperation between two distinct treatment systems regarding the care of target populations with overlapping and discreet needs.
Read our Declaration of Expectations.
Members are appointed by the Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders. Within the membership, four members must be recovering substance abusers and two must be mental health consumers and/or family members of mental health consumers.
The Board has four standing subcommittees: Funding, Planning, Legislative/Advocacy and the County Alliance Steering Subcommittee.
Members are appointed annually by the Freeholders without pay.
- Laurie Becker (Staff Liaison)
- Beth Jacobson (Staff Liaison)
- Gregg Benson
- Charles Berman
- Chris Chernick
- Linda Csengeto
- Carol DeGraw
- Cheryl Garodnick
- Julian Hill
- Margaret Himsl
- Charles LaRussa
- Marcy McMann
- Mary Jane Melo
- LaJuan Tucker
- Barbara Ward
- Deborah Ward