The Veterans Services Office provides information and assistance to honorably discharged Morris County Veterans and their families in obtaining VA benefits and entitlements.
The Veterans Services Officer can help:
- File claims for compensation, pension, discharge review, records correction, education, insurance claims and loans, home loans, medical services (VA application for health benefits) nursing home placement, medical treatment, hospitalization, vocational rehabilitation, and retrieval of lost records.
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies for community based services.
- Provide outreach to homebound Veterans and visit Morris County Veterans residing in medical centers and nursing homes.
- Outreach to homeless Veterans and connect them to services provided by County, State and Federal Veterans Affairs.
- Assist Veterans with regard to their employment rights. Provide referrals for job assistance and training.
- Access transportation for appointments with the Veterans Services Officer or for medical assistance at VA medical facilities.
- Registration for the Morris County Commemorative Medal awarded Veterans of WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Post-Vietnam conflicts.
The Veterans Services Officer is responsible for recording the location of graves of Morris County Veterans. The office provides flags each year to decorate those graves on Memorial Day.
For further information or services, please call:
- Veterans Services Officer: (973) 285-6866 or email@example.com, or
- Morris County Aging & Disability Resource Connection, toll free: (800) 564-4656